Re: [AMC-list] Fw: Question about bell housing

Re: [AMC-list] Fw: Question about bell housing

" --------------------------------------------------
" From: "Bob Roland" <bosahomes@xxxxxxxxx>
" Hi Eddie,
"  Hope your doing well. I have a AMC T14, 3 speed transmission, and was
" thinking of putting in a T10. Do you know if they use the same bell housing?
" Also can the T10 be for a FORD, GM etc., do they mount the same?
"  Thank you very much, Bob Roland

i'm assuming you have a v8, or a '72-up i6.

t14 and t10 bells are very different.  you need a t10 bell.  they were
also used for the t15 3sp and can be found in jeeps too.

i don't know about ford t10s; they have a similar tall narrow pattern
which might be the same, but gm t10s have the usual wide gm pattern,
and a short input that doesn't match the amc at all.

if you aren't committed to a t10, a late '70s t150 3sp setup can be
used to mount a ford toploader; the t150 is a 3sp toploader, same
length, input, output, etc.