Re: [AMC-list] LPG in AMC's was RE: AMC-list Digest, Vol 71, Issue 14

Re: [AMC-list] LPG in AMC's was RE: AMC-list Digest, Vol 71, Issue 14

" From: "Stu Fitchett" <amckiwi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
"
" My daily driver is a Holden (Pontiac GTO) Ute with a Chev L98 in it running
" Liquid Injection LPG.
"
" I have a custom tune in it and it has 10 more rwkw and 25more rwNM of torque
" than on petrol, it uses between 5-10% more fuel than on petrol, lpg is
" approx. 50% of petrol here.
" Down side is conversion is very expensive

i understood that lpg needed special injectors because its lubrication
qualities aren't the same as gasoline/petrol, and because of the
frosting effects of near-instant vaporization.  is this not the case
anymore, or are such injectors now readily available?