[AMC-list] parting out ferriaris & amcs

There will always be controversy on parting out AMC cars, whether run of
mill or low production. Someone pointed out this video to me on youtube
which sort of takes it a step further it is a Ferrari scrapyard in UK.
http://youtu.be/Rceg4lUuCeE  note the comments about cataloging every screw
and nut, and buying the cars to part out. Many of these cars are worth more
than anything AMC, but fascinating. Even the racing Ferrari 'the mechanic
will found out if the car is worth the price (in parts & what they paid for
it). There are customers waiting for these parts he comments. Can compare
this to AMC models as there are a number of items I can think of off top of
head for AMX & Javelin a many person in similar situation looking all for
same items. Hard to compare Ferraris and American Motors in same sentence
but it's mentioned on my site that you can't save them all and in "How Many
AMCs Left" file it is mentioned several times how several models are high on
list of cannibalized cars: 70 Javelin, 74 AMX & Javelin, any 232, 258, 304
Javelin, 290 and 343 68-69 AMXs & Javelins & 70 360 AMXs. Not that they are
bad cars, it is just that thru the years, many of them parted out due to low
or no demand or parts worth more. That is a shame, but is how it is. In the
"altered AMCs" file on my site it talks about how 10,000+ AMCs went thru the
local Houston Pick A Parts here in 80s/90s/00s until no more in there.
Recently I posted about 10 classic AMC's in the San Antonio Pick A Part
http://www.picknpull.com/  man, some of these cars complete and nice, about
13 of them, Ambassador, Gremlin, Javelin, Matador, Hornet, Classic and more.
Some of the Ferraris I would guess have even lower production numbers than
many AMCs, but they appear to be bought to part out. The video is in english
Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com