From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 2:02:18 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] more amc dealerships

Stewart Motor Company. I do not know the location of this dealership, but it
is not the North Carolina one, nor is affiliated with AMC Rambler longtime
vendors Blasers. The funny photo was obviously taken in a dealers showroom,
note the 1968 Dealer large Data Information board on back wall. The caption
reads "We can's all get in front! It has bucket seats!!" I am not sure I
would want that girl behind the wheel driving anyways, looks like anger
issues!
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/Stewart-Motor-Company-AMC-Dealership.JPG

I recently found a set of heavy metal license plate frames at a Houston swap
meet for Trenfel Rambler of Pacific Beach, California.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/trenfel-rambler-pacific-beach-ca-2.JPG
They were excellent
shape considering they were over 50 years old. I sold them on ebay for $125
to a guy who was ecstatic to find something like this as his 1965 Rambler
Ambassador sold new there. Pacific Beach is a enclave of San Diego. For some
reasons most of the metal license plate frames I have had in my possession
last 30+ years are from California. While not same 'heavy cast' metal, there
is a fellow on my VENDORS list who presses custom AMC & Rambler license
plates, Richard Estermeyer who runs "A 70s Thing Automobilia" up in
Michigan.
http://www.a70sthingautomobilia.com/LicensePlateFRAMES.html

There are three photos here from York AMC, which I believe was in York, PA.
York, PA had some of the highest volume of AMC cars sales in USA back in the
day.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/york-amc-dealership.jpg

Several York residents have told me they do not remember this
dealership, but I told them many dealerships vanished and some like Barton
Motors in Houston, was huge on Old Spanish Trail but no one remembers it. I
don't but have photos of it on my site. There is a front full view of York,
which also sold and rented trailers. Judging by the AMC vehicles it appears
to be the winter of 1972. There is a new Hornet Hatchback on showroom floor.
Christmas tree also and seeing the stripes on the Gremlins outside and
Matador tail lights this leads me to believe it is November-December 1972
with the new 73 models. What a fun time.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/amc-york-pa-showroom.JPG
The last photo shows York's used
car lot and a Pontiac wagon, Ford Esquire ( ? ) wagon, Buick Skylark,
possible Saab, with a Mercury with lights on headed towards camera. This too
was winter of 73 as a new 73 Hornet Hatchback in background.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/amc-york-pa-used-car-lot.JPG

You had a number of Performance AMC Dealerships that actively campaigned
American Motors cars. Right up there with the Allens of California, Randalls
of Arizona you had Rodekopf of Kansas. Independence, MO. They mostly are
known for two things, the Super Stock AMX sponsored by the Kansas City AM
Dealers Association, SS/AMX #47 for you wonks, and the 'Kansas City Cave'
cars.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/bill-rodekopf-ssamx.jpg
These rare photos show legendary Shirley Shahan standing between the
new Pro Stock Hornet & Pro Stock Gremlin, her & hubby H. L. Shahan was now
tearing up tracks with.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/amc-drag-on-lady-hornet-gremlin.JPG
 The Hornet Hatchback Pro Stock I do not remember the
names of the drivers shown with the Hornet in 1976 however. Note the new
1977 models in the background.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/amc-pro-stock-hornet-rodekopf-1.JPG

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/amc-pro-stock-hornet-rodekopf.JPG
The 'Kansas City Cave Cars' mentioned were
Dick Teague's last Matador coupe built, the only white/white Barcelona
built, and was given to him by AMC employees in 1978 when Matador coupes
discontinued. This car sat along with a 74 AMX, 360/AT, Maxi blue car with
1000 miles, in cave under KC for many years until both cars bought by the
late Steven Green who collected low miler AMCs. you can see some of his cars
(he had a Matador coupe of mine he bought also!) but see a number of his
cars, including those two above, auctioned off several years ago, if you
search youtube.com. The Matador had 6600 miles on it and was on display at
St. Louis AMC national AMO meet in 1999, then he brought out the 74 AMX with
1K miles to the Berlin AMC nationals AMO meet in CT year later. There are
tons of things stored in the caves under KC like films, manuscripts, vintage
cars, as the humidity is low and constant 72 degrees. I do not know what
became of those two cars, the Teague Matador or 74 1K AMX after the
auctions.

To see more AMC & Rambler Dealerships, see the AMC DEALERSHIPS file at
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/amc-dealerships.htm

Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com