[BaadAssGremlins] Re: In need of body parts for my 1972 Gremlin X

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: In need of body parts for my 1972 Gremlin X

Thanks for the quick response guys! Im just starting to strip the car down and get things ready for primer. This car is going to be my street/strip car and im not sure how well the stock brakes are going to hold up to 125-130 mph trap speeds (i need to do some more research). I already have a motor/tranny combo that should put this car in the mid to low 11 sec range without the bottle (assuming some traction). Only thing i need to figure out is what rear end is in the car, if its weak i can cut down my 9" or gm 12 bolt. I want the body to remain stock. The car is getting my 377 sbc, and a manual valve body th400. But don't panic nothings going to be cut up to convert it to a chevy driveline. My best friend use to build sprint cars so i have access to everything to make tubular cross members for the engine and transmission. So in essence i will be bolting the swap in without cutting up a bunch of stuff, incase i want to convert it back to stock. The wheel wells will be widened (not tubbed) to tuck a 9.5" MT et street radial. I hate seeing cars that have been jacked up with air shocks to clear a wider tire, instead of doing it right. This car is going to be my little project over the next few years. With some time (and a lot of money) im hoping to have a nice streetable 10 sec gremmy!

Thanks again for the help!
Jack

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@...> wrote:

> He is definitly all out of Front and rear valances, and early one piece grills.
> Maybe he has a disk brake setup? Come to think of it, I have a front disk setup
> from a 72 v-8 Gremlin I parted. 200 bucks for it plus shipping.
>  Davis

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: