[BaadAssGremlins] re: amc six popping thru carburetor

Just came back from mechainc's place in another 100 degree heat day, it is camshaft, #1 &
#2 cylinders it appears, just flat. Ironically I drove the car over there yesterday and
didn't have that popping noise.Still had a noticeable miss, but the loud pop was gone,
replaced with 'softer' popping thru carb. Someone on amc-list I believe mentioned 1982s
had some cam issues so looks like engine will come out, valve job done and hope to be back
on road in it in few weeks. Thanks to all who replied also,
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

=====================================

I would start with a compression test.... super easy on the AMC 6's. ?If the pop is
affiliated with one cylinder it is more likely valvetrain, lifter or cam related.
If one cylinder PSI is way off... pop off the valve cover and spin it over to see if the
valvetrain on that cylinder are acting differently from the rest. ?If you find something
shout back at us and we'll get 'er figured out! ?
Have a great week,?
Jesse

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional