[BaadAssGremlins] AMC Bucket Seat Base/Brackets for Aftermarket Seats

[BaadAssGremlins] AMC Bucket Seat Base/Brackets for Aftermarket Seats

All:

There's a fairly new firm located in Bellevue, WA. Planted Technology. They fabricate seat brackets with 3/16" steel for superior strength. The brackets are built to accept sliders from most major seat manufacturers like Bride, Cipher Auto, Cobra, Corbeau, Momo, OMP, Racetech, Recaro, and Sparco. Their product was recently featured on Two Guys Garage.

I contacted them, but they do not currently offer anything for AMCs. When I offered to break down my '70 Gremlin and '74 Javelin bucket seats to send the bases to them for initial fab, they thanked me but said they won't work from braces. What they actually need are the cars themselves. They did mention that they'd be willing to work with anyone who is local and would let them take the measurements for fab.

I know that many AMC guys prefer keeping the original seats, when possible, but the supply of old rebuildable stock is dwindling, and new seats like those marketed by Recaro are great products at prices that can sometimes be far less than a set of originals that need (expensive) attention.

So, just trying to get the word out just in case someone up in their area will do the AMC crowd at large a favor and lend their car for a good-cause project like this. It's not often that a company shows the willingness to do something for the AMC crowd, so every little bit helps. And who knows, perhaps they'll throw in a "free" set of brackets to whomever chooses to participate.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can and will help out!