[BaadAssGremlins] Re: How many Gremlins still running & how many AMCs le

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: How many Gremlins still running & how many AMCs left

Gremlins & Hornets were throwaway cars. Whether a heralded SC/360 with low
production or a Hornet AMX or Gremlin Bicentennial Edition or 304-X -Levis.
They were like a lot of cars then, built to last X amount of time. And the
Gremlin/Hornet Series did not get the undercoatings that other AMC's got
like Ambassador or Rebel. So they rotted quicker.

And like many newer cars today in 2013, they crater after X amount of miles
and cheaper to replace them than fix them. Good example is the pick a part
yards filled with Toyotas, hondas, BMW, Audi, Mitsubushi, Ford, GM, Saturns
ect built ten years ago or more, or 100,000 miles or more. Rows upon rows of
them waiting to be recycled. Compare it to computers or televisions or cell
phones. My Toshiba tv went out, and only was on/off push switch on the 32
inch tv. I took it to have repairs, and guy said 'why don't you go get
modern flat screen for cheaper, as fixing this is $250'. So I threw away my
tv. Good thing I don't do that with AMC. Computers same way, go buy new
computer at Best Buy & has 365 day warranty & on 366th day, craters with
blue screen hard drive failure.

Gremlins & Hornets didn't survive well. It's a two edged sword here also as
those that remain, there has been a expolsion of reproduction parts
available for these cars in last 15-20 years as technology continues to
evolve, so a good thing, more parts, stuff many people parted the cars out
in 1970s/80s for, now reproduced, so level of many of the cars we like to
restore..level of cars has gone up with better examples on those people wish
to 'fix up' or 'restify' or 'restore'.

Ironically there are sort of only two cars people remember in 2013 in era
when many people can't even spell or text the word 'amc'. Gremlin & Hornet,
many people remember them, not so Ambassador, Spirit, AMX, even Rambler,
that's fine though.

How many are left? Do online search for 'how many amcs left' and a
interesting file comes up off my site, it is A OLD FILE too. Gremlins? I
would guess less than 10,000 in any condition from concours to parts cars.
Rust & Apathy & society's throwaway mentality, whether baby in trash
dumpsert, cell phones, plastic and glass, cigarette butts tossed out
windows, or even the millions of animals put down in shelters each year. Too
bad. But a lot of use like to fix these old cars up. Many of you were
recyclers with these old AMCs before reclycling became 'cool' you know.
Eddie Stakes
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825 days
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx