Alright, found a GM HEI distributor while cleaning!

Alright, found a GM HEI distributor while cleaning!

So why am I so happy to be finding a GM part? Because it'll fit an AMC, I
hope! I found two of them, actually, a long shaft and a short shaft HEI, so
I'm hoping that the short-shaft is actually a 6-cylinder GM unit. I know
the previous owner and the renter both had GM hot rods, so this is probably
true. I'll probably pull the distributor out of the '71 Gremlin, and do
some comparisons. I know the distributor in that car is shot, it's missing
the cap, and all corroded inside. Hopefully no water stood inside the
distributor to run down into the engine. Then I'll see if the GM unit is
worth rebuilding or not, as they were thrown into a big plastic bin of
misc. "stuff" that they didn't take with them. I've already gotten rid of
some of the Mazda junk they had in the garage attic. So far, I've "found"
more floor space as well, hopefullly I can eventually see enough to park a
car on top of! LOL. Namely, another Gremlin.
Well, back to work, darn it. Lady Luck, can't you see I need that
winning lotto ticket!? Bye, all

Jerry
fixing circuit boards at a bench....