Re: [gremlintime] Alright, found a GM HEI distributor while cleaning!

Re: [gremlintime] Alright, found a GM HEI distributor while cleaning!

Hello Daniel,
There are two types of HEI distributors,A short one, and a long one.
Depending on if the vehicle is equipped with Power Steering or not??However
in any case,the shaft has to be modified to fit the timing case,as well as
the position of the distributor cap.The firing order is the same as a chevy
V8,also remember the length of the plugwires differ considerably.The
performance advantage is tremendous.With a MSD module,the distributor is
capable of producing 80,000 volts!!!!!!!
Phil

----------
> From: Daniel Modlin <dmodlin@xxxx>
> To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [gremlintime] Alright, found a GM HEI distributor while
cleaning!
> Date: Monday, June 05, 2000 11:57 AM
>
> Well, if it does fit, I'd be very interested to hear if it actually help
> performance at all, or is just lower maintenance.
> --
> Daniel Modlin
> mailto:dmodlin@xxxx
> http://home.earthlink.net/~dmodlin
> Burbank, CA
> ICQ #4076445
>
> (insert amusing line here)

> The Ultimate in Performance, RaceSearch.com, proudly presents, The
Ultimate