Re: How many Gremlins does Jerry have....too many? Nah!

Re: How many Gremlins does Jerry have....too many? Nah!

 Well, currently there are 6...I did bid on that one near me, that was on
Ebay, but realized, sadly, that I need to get rid of several cars before I
bite off another one to chew on, so I let myself get outbid. That '72
Sunroofer that Will Krause bought is a decent fixer-upper, I really wanted
it! But, I ( gasp! ) decided I'd better downsize first before tackling
another car. So, the Gremlin fleet stays at 6 : 3 decent cars, one
restoreable, one to be made the Mule/Project/Experimental car, and the other
GT to be cut up for the parts, as it's too rusty to save, I now realize. I
hope to make substantial progress this year on the Gremlins, having gotten
one legal, and the GT soon to follow, with both needing some work before I
stick a fender out into traffic ( '74 needs brake system overhauled, GT needs
carb metering rods changed ), then I can drive them both with few worries, i
hope! The rusty Nissan 280zx will leave today or tomorrow, I spent Saturday
nite stripping it out, as no one has seriously called to buy it, so I said
the H with it, I'll get what money I can out of the parts, and junk the rest.
CAn't keep'em all! Or find the time to work on them all. :) So, next is the
Subaru wagon, going to buy another one cheap and make one good one. Then ,
once an unwanted guest is gone ( '76 Matador belonging to someone else ) I
will bring up a '57 Chevy to tinker on of my Dad's, and maybe my first AMC, a
'70 Javelin, that needs some head work and a windshield. So, got lots to look
forward to in '01 ! Hope to get some fixed quickly, so instead of looking at
AMCs, I can actually DRIVE them! What a concept. Here's the descriptive
breakdown on my (current) Gremlin fleet:

'78 Gremlin GT : Sun orange, runs great, needs only carb metering rods
changed to make driveable. some rust, but not too bad.
'74 Gremlin : Golden metallic, needs entire brake system
overhauled/looked at, sat 10 years in storage, runs great, looks great.
'74 Gremlin : Mellow Yellow, junkyard car, but in decent shape bodywise,
and runs, auto trans works both ways! No title as yet, though.
'71 Gremlin Sunroofer : Skyline blue ( light ), dented all over, doors
and fenders rough, but main body shows little rust, no title, auction car.
Needs grill, fenders, doors, quarters pushed out. Top in sad shape, interior
needs replacing. Engine ???
'76 Gremlin : primered, holes in floor and right rocker, bondo rt.
tail-light area. all glass there and good. rust in fenders and doors. no
motor/trans. Thinking about making a Woody or Open Fire Gremlin out of it.
Gotta dream, don't we?
'78 Gremlin GT : Powder Blue, Levi's interior, Ohio car hit on right
fender side, twisted windshield pillar, front subframes rusty, floors great.
rear hatch hinge area rusting out. Basically a parts car now, motor is locked
up. Will probably strip it to furnish the '71 sunroof car.

So, now you know what I have, and what condition it's all in, mostly.
Luckily I've been buying up alot of Gremlin gas caps, used ones, so I'll have
enough to go around now! The sunroofer came with the nice pot metal one still
on the car, the '74 has a locking cap, which had no key, but I found one of
MY old gas keys fit, whew! It was near empty when I got it, too. Well, gotta
get ready for my AMC club meeting, we're meeting at a guys house who has 14
Marlins ! I'm taking my camera with me... :) Well time to go, have a great
end of the weekend.

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA
neighbors still causing trouble...I'll fix that! heh heh...