Re:Trailerized cars...

Actually, I'd say I didn't have the titles for them, which is true for the
Subaru. But, I believe if you "create" a trailer, in Virginia a state trooper
comes out to inspect it, if all is well, then he gives you a tag to mount on
the trailer tongue, and that is the ID number used for the title. There's no
reason I couldn't use that # for the trailer-car, and a VIN for the car. No
conflict! I don't think they'll allow VIN's for trailer use anyway, as
they're "technically" no longer vehicles. As long as a permanent tongue is on
the frame, I don't think they could say it is a car any longer. And the
Gremlin has no engine/trans, so nothing to worry about there. I could remove
the driveshafts on the subaru, and the engine is now just a heater/generator
for my "camper". Might be hard to convince the officer of that, but the
Gremlin I might try to use as a Club promotional tool, so that might work. :)

So far, I've had no further visits by The Law, and I'm down to "only" 3
illegal vehicles from 8, one should be legal by the end of this week, and I
can push another into the garage in place of the GT, which wasn't reported,
now has insurance, and will soon be legal as well anyway. So at this point,
I'm not seriously concerned anymore about the neighbor complaining, as my
gates are up, and I'm keeping them closed full time. Next project is to put
up 3 fence sections next to the deck between it and the garage, that will
hide the side view from the VW neighbors, and then that should block all view
of my "untidy" driveway. :) Going to my Classic Car club meeting today, hope
to pick up my roofing for the new shed, and have that further along this
coming week. Well, time to go, forgot about daylight savings time, so I may
be late if I wait too long! AMC ya'll,

Jerry