Running the group and Larry

Geez,
You guys have no idea the work that I have to do to run this group
sometimes. It's growing like crazy!!! We now have 80 members and I
don't see an end in sight. It would not surprise me if this group hits
100 by 2002! Tonight I spent about half an hour getting all of you set
up to post without moderation because I haven't been doing simple
maintenance. If this keeps up I might have to appoint someone to help
me out moderating the group!!

Well, enough of my whining. Time for a little Gable soap box. I just
received the latest edition of AMXtra, the club publication for AMCWC.
Larry Mitchell never fails to amaze me. First he turned his back on
the AMCs he supposedly loved by buying two new Jeep Wranglers. He
justified his decision by saying how the engine is an AMC. So this
month he spent almost four or five paragraphs saying how Chrysler was
such a bad bunch of guys destroying all of AMC's history!! SO why did
he give around 40 grand to the evil AMC killer. I got nothing against
Chrysler as everybody knows if pentastar hadn't buried AMC, somebody
would have. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned the first nail was in the
AMC coffin when Renault took over in the early '80s. What an irony,
American Motors owned by the French!!

To top it off, Larry spent a whole page talking about how he needed
the club members to buy him a new computer as his P100 just wasn't
cutting the mustard anymore. Guess what he supposedly needs to run the
club publication and roster. You guessed it, he needs a 1.3 GHZ AMD
Athlon. Gimme a break here Larry. I hate to break it to you but there
is no way your desktop publishing and database require a computer of
this power. Geez. He wants about 1900 bucks for this system!! Why
doesn't he sell one of those Wranglers?

Surely he has a friend that could upgrade his computer to a 500 MHZ
for about 200 bucks. Oh by the way, the aforementioned system he needs
has a 80 Gig hard drive. He must really be planning for some
outstanding growth in his club. He could probably handle about a
million members with that drive. The sad fact is that even though I
support AMC clubs, all of these types of clubs are destined for
failure as more and more people realize they can get the fellowship
and help they need off the internet for FREE. Look at this Gremlintime
list. We all help each other out and we spend nothing. I really think
this is the future of car clubs. As long as there are people that
respect the hobby enough to spend the time to keep it going like me
and others, AMC will be alive and well. Well that's enough for me for
now.
Happy Gremlining
Paul