Brakejob

Ok, the 75 Gremlin is back out of the garage, waiting for a distributor. Ordered a rebuilt from a local parts store. The one they sent for us was the core from someone else that was still dirty. Now we have to wait till tuesday (Pepboys). Wouldnt want to mention there name and embarrass them (Pepboys). I know they are on the west coast.
Anyway, the breakjob went ok, but my son tried taking off the hub nut. Come to think of it, It's the first hub nut on the rear axle I have seen except on front wheel drive cars. Actually, To what do you torque it back down. I had to leave it loose to get the cotter pin in. Anyway, only did the rear brakes.
The son put his shackles, wheels and tires off his 68 mustang he's selling. So the Gremmie has a nice forward rake to it. Now we just need to get it tuned up and smogged and we'll be in business. Still have to replace the hinge bushings on the drivers door and some decent seats in it and I will probable steal it away from him (or least get to drive it occasionally).
got to go, happy gremlin motoring to all.
Ken