Re: [gremlintime] New Gremlin Website up/gremlintime??

Re: [gremlintime] New Gremlin Website up/gremlintime??

In a message dated 9/6/02 6:23:04 PM SA Pacific Standard Time,
charger_413@xxxx writes:

> hey would my gremlin be fastif i dropped in a 360 or
> 401 i bought from a junkyard that came out of a
> cherokee

I ran a 13.98 with a garbage model 15 rear and a tired 360 with a performer
intake and 650 holley and headers with turbo 2 mufflers in my gremlin so yeah
you would take out most turds on the street i.e the ridiculous Hondas and
other abominations that litter the streets with a stock 360 or 401 in your
grem,be advised the rear won't take much abuse and you will need a V8
crossmember which can be found in 72-76 Gremlins,78-79 Concords,70-77 Hornets
and 79 Spirits,as fr a trans an auto would be the best for street/strip
applications.if you want a 4 speed get ya a close ratio T10,those were in
68-74 Javelins and AMX's,Rebel Machines and SC/Ramblers but you'd prob only
find em from a AMCer who pilfered it form a dead AMX.Brieniac said you can
get you a Cobra 5 speed and just look at it sideways and it will float in the
air and bolt itself magically to the back of your AMC so the T5 trans is a
good idea too if you don't want those darn bad ole archaic T10s hope i helped
Bart Mangrum
73 AMC Gremlin 360
"loud archaic mean machine"
77 Ford F100 302"new daily driver"
"loud thanx to a sawsall LOL"
60 Ford F100 292
"dead thanx to a stuck clutch"
88 Chevy S10 2.8 liter
"retired daily driver and for sale for 700$ obo"