Re: [gremlintime] speaking of carbs.......

Re: [gremlintime] speaking of carbs.......

In a message dated 9/26/02 3:17:20 PM SA Pacific Standard Time,
charger_413@xxxx writes:

> hey how hard was it too convert the gremlin to drop a
> v8 under the hood i am planning on running amc tell me
> what i all need to change im planning on keeping the
> stock 3 speed in it if possible

first you'll need a V8 crossmember from any 72-76 Gremlin,70-77 Hornet,78-79
Concord and 79 Spirit,and i'm not sure about the bellhousings being different
from that of a V8 or 6,chucnk the wimpy AMC model 15 rear you have for a
Ford 9 inch,AMC Model 20 or a Mopar 8'3/4 the 68-70 Javelin and AMX rears
will fit your gremlin perfectly,you may wanna change from a fuel tank to a
fuel cell because the V8 gas lines are on the opposite side of the 6 banger
Grems.if you have front disks your A Ok but if you have drums swap em out to
disks with any Grem,Hornet,Concord and Spirit xept the 4 banger ones.a mild
360 with your 3 speed should get you haulin buut we can expect a typical
turbo gum flappin from brien so be forwarned.
Bart Mangrum
"Falfas Shoebox"