From the Desk of Gremlin 98 ®

From: Bill Larkie <bldfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: baadassgremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, amcgremlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, americanmotorscorporationamc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, amc-parts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, northtexasamc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gremlintime] 70 AMC V8....again
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:06:10 -0800 (PST)

Couple of questions.....

1) On that fully intact 70 Ambassador Coupe I found, I
talked with the guy and he's thinking it has a 390 in
it.  Between that and the Auto trans, (assuming it all
works) he's thinking of $400 for the pair.  He's going
to check and let me know.  Is that a good price?

I have to tell you, I have qualms about taking any
parts of a fully intact car, but I guess someone else
would if I didn't.....

2) Is it easy to convert the regular column shift
mechanism to that of a floor shift using a later model
floor shift setup from one of the availble
Gremlin/Hornet/Concord setups?  I've got a non
automatic tilt steering column now that I was going to
put in with the floor shift.  I suppose I could get a
column shift tilt if I had to.

3) Would a 401 with 4speed tranny from a '74 Javlin
easily fit my '72 Gremlin?  I know the V8 would, but
would the 4speed?  Anything special about that?  I've
got a three speed but could go with the four.

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible