Re: Hellllooo, Anyone out there? Sorry, was at a car show, 2 purple Grem

Re: Hellllooo, Anyone out there? Sorry, was at a car show, 2 purple Grems...

 I have started work again on my '74 Gremlin, the water pump is going bad (
rattling ), Least, I HOPE it's the pump! LOL. Didn't finish it Friday night,
so I rode up with my friend Ben in his , ahem, Honda, and we scoped out all
the neat AMCs at Lew Brown's private show in Orbisonia, PA. He had SIX Pacers of
his own there, a Gremlin that is now his sons, plus 33 OTHER AMCs that are
all his! Incredible collection of cars, NOS parts ( for sale, I bought 2 sets of
early-model Gremlin tail light lenses, a '77-78 pair, for $10 each lens ! ).
I also found two right-side yellow front grill marker lights, no lefts though.
$5 each. So the trip was worth it, even the weather sucked, it didn't really
rain much except in sprinkles every now and then, 'til the show was pretty
much over at 2 pm. I took alot of pics, both digital and film. There were only 3
Gremlins there, Lew's former Gremlin which was a 5.0 litre green X, and then
there were two purple ones, an unrestored '72 X ( with fender emblems, not
stock obviously ), and another one which was a medium purple with metal-flakes,
chrome rims, drag setup, looked super-nice! Even the grill and bumpers were
painted purple. Hornets were there, two AMX varieties, 2 plain hatchbacks, a
couple sedans both 2 and 4-door. Not many "real" AMXs there, though. Only 2 I saw.
Several 71-74 Javelins ( JavelynnSue was there with hers ). Wish I could have
gotten my Gremlin ready, but oh well. Another show. Anyway, there was one lone
Pacer coupe for sale, Lew has had it hanging around for over a year, some
deal with a used car dealership. Had a $800 price tag, but I think a couple Bens
and you could take the car home. Email Lew Brown if you want more info, it's a
Beige '77 coupe, BIG 8' whip CB antennnae on the left rear quarter, some
rust showing , lots of dings and bents, but runs and drives. Ok, so this is the
GREMLIN list but hey doesn't hurt to advertirse. LOL. Anyway, I didn't look
thru all the boxes there, I had too much stuff carrying around, but there is
probably more Gremlin stuff there. I just didn't feel like digging too much. The
cars and Memoribilia room and all that ex-Dealership stuff he had was just
awesome to behold. I hope he has one more show. If you haven't ever been there,
it's worth the trip ( JavelynnSue drove from Ohio 4-5 hours, there were other
plates from very far away, too ), even with the rain. I had a great time, but
Lew's place in on the side of a mountain, my legs ached traveling up and down a
number of times. Whew! Again, well worth the trip.
Looks like the rain will hold off today ( Sunday ), so I hope to get my
Gremlin water pump changed and a few other things done, the rest of the week
looks like more Noah's Ark weather again . I need to cut grass again today, with
wind blowing 25+ mph today, it should dry out quick enough to cut.
Guess that's it, I had a great time, wish more Gremlin folk coulda
made it. AMC ya, and stay DRY out there! LOL

Soaked in Virginia Jerry