AMC V-8 Distributor gear thru Tellico 4x4 Dot Com...for 6-cyl HEI upgrad

AMC V-8 Distributor gear thru Tellico 4x4 Dot Com...for 6-cyl HEI upgrade to GM

 I just placed an order online at this place, so far they've been the
cheapest, easiest to find searching their parts database, and hopefully reliable!
LOL. I've been wanting to do the GM HEI distributor swap on one of my eight
Gremlins ( I have 3 GM 6-cylinder distributors now ), and the hardest part has
been to find the distributor gear for an AMC v-8 distributor. I got info off of
one website, the AMC part number is 3208615. This fits '67-'91 AMC V-8
engines ( one Tech article recommended the '83 and above gear, not sure if this is
different than a "generic" AMC gear or not, as they listed this gear number as
well at Tellico). Anyway, hopefully I'll be receiving these parts within the
week or so. The gear is only $18, Jeep dealership prices run $43, other parts
places list at $30 or so, but can't get the part anymore. Motormite 90465 is
one option, IF you can find it still on the shelf, in my area no luck, all out
and not listed at Motormite anymore ( not carried anymore ).
So, I'll let you know how this conversion goes once I get the gear shipped
to me. Hopefully this will be a fairly "painless" swap. :) I'll let ya
know...

Jerry