Re: [gremlintime] Where is everyone? Trying to stay COOL..Inline 6 GM HE

Re: [gremlintime] Where is everyone? Trying to stay COOL..Inline 6 GM HEI mods

 It's been hot in Virginia, but this week hasn't been so bad. I actually
worked on some of my Gremlin hardware today, my friend John came over and
installed 95% of the valves in my reworked '83 Hi-po 6-cylinder head. Unfortunately,
he brought one different style of spring retainer cap , so we had one
mismatched, and he'll have to return at another time to finish the install. Hopefully
by the end of the summer, if not sooner, I'll get the head put together
fully, painted, and installed. I was hoping to do the timing chain today, but it
was hot, I wasn't feeling great, went shopping with the wife for a few hours and
came back whupped. I napped for 3 hours. I did get a GM HEI distributor
modified with an AMC gear now, found out some interesting things on them, and
potential problems to watch out for. I'm thinking of posting the pictures on the
Gremlintime Photo album, watch for them soon.
Yeah, come to think of it, the Gremlintime list HAS been rather inactive,
hasn't it? Not much showing up on the AMC radar of late. I've been too busy
to notice, really. LOL. Summer is a slow time for Listers.
Tomorrow, I'm heading up to Inwood, WV to visit an original '75
Gremlin owner who wants to sell his car, a friend of mine's son wants it. I would
have taken it, but I'm all out of space, it's a decent car, albeit with a Dallas
Cowboys paint color scheme. LOL. Nothing wrong with silver and blue, looks
good on the car! My friend said if it's driveable, he may drive it back.
After that, we're going to head over to Martinsburg, WV to check out a
local train show and swap meet. Should be a good day! I love model trains, and f
ull-sized ones, too.
Well, that's my input for the week. Hopefully will have more progress
to report on my Gremlin this summer before too long. I want to drive it! Down
to one vehicle again. Well, I could drive the '74 Chevy 3/4 ton truck, but
it's stuffed full of things. I'm a BAAAAAD pack-rat. :) Anyway, have a cool
summer, or try to.

Jerry in humid Virginia