Re: [gremlintime] Grem fixin'

Kevin, I have a 76 and on mine the rear looks a little bigger than the front, but it might depend upon the year. Later dude, redneck2212.

Kevin <grinding_gremlin@xxxx> wrote:Hello all, I too have been busy with my Grem project. I removed
the motor on Sunday. My stupid motor hoist kept getting stuck so
I had to lower the motor back in a couple of times. I ended up
severing a power stearing line and crimping a coolent tube
going to the tranny. All in all it came out finally. Not to mention
that I forgot to prop up the tranny so it would not fall when I
seperated the motor from the bell housing. Can you tell how
often I do motor swaps? So now I need to wire up the tranny and
the exhaust system so I can move the car out of the pole barn
and bring the Jeep in so I can remove the motor out of the Jeep
to put in my gremmy. It's getting more complicated than I really
wanted it to be but persistence will prevale. I also made a small
discovery, I was told that some companys in order to cut cost of
body panel dies will use the same die for bolth wheel openings
front and back and the front fenders can be used for repair
panels for the back quarter panels if cut in the right place. this
really made me think, so I checked my vehicles, On my dodge
pick-up, sure enough they were a match. I thought perhaps the
Gremlin being a low budget car may have done the same. Well,
I'm not completey sure, but, I think they may have. I studied it for a
while and actually took one of my loose fenders and lined it up to
the back. The front left fender did not match on the rear left
quarter but when I flipped it to the other side, (the right side), It
looks like they match pretty good. As a matter of fact the fender
lip and lower front part of the front fender look almost identical To
the quarter panel lip and lower back of the rear quarter panel. So
much of my quarter panel on the left side is rusted away I'm
willing to give this theory a try, if nothing else, it is close enough
to fake it in. Does any body else know if AMC used the same
dies for the front wheel opening for the back? At any rate I may
try it when I'm ready to do the body of my car, Probably next year.
Either that or I'll have to spend some $$ to get a rust free repair
panel from a warm dry climate. At any rate I hope to have a
runnable drivable beast by this fall. :)

Later, Kevin

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Community email addresses:
Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: gremlintime-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/gremlintime
Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime

Technology, sufficently advanced, would be indistinguishable
from magic.
Redneck from birth. Rebel by choice.
CJ