Re: [AMC-list] 69 01 Series Bumper Q

I just took a look at my collision parts book and it says 64 had no holes for backup lights and then lists the same bumper for 65 and up with the note that they have holes. The front is the same for 64-69.

Matt

On 6/21/2009 9:36 PM, Joe Fulton spouted this sage advice:
Perhaps you guys are right. But there's always this:

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/1193007910.html

Maybe it was just for the 440 cars or maybe someone changed the rear bumper in the almost 45 years since the car was made.

Joe Fulton

--- On Sun, 6/21/09, Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] 69 01 Series Bumper Q
To: "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 6:16 PM
You would be correct.
I almost purchased a lightless 64 rear bumper of a guy on
the forum to use on my car.
Nice clean look, but I could not get past it looking a
little too plain.

After, I looked at the pics I realized I LIKE my painted
bumpers and will stay with them.

IIRC, They went to a regular rear bumper in 65 and used
blockoff plates for cars without the backup lights.
Selling a kit to add backup lights as a dealer installed
option for the lower trim level cars.
I guess now that I think about it the 64's had backup
lights between the taillights when so equipped?

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.