[AMC-list] Combining old cars, interesting destinations and non-chain fo

[AMC-list] Combining old cars, interesting destinations and non-chain food

I've been having fun messing with my Rambler. Long before messing with
the Rambler, I used to wander over to roadfood.com to check out
non-chain places to eat and read about trips. Haven't been there in a
while, but every now and then it's fun to see if anything cool or
interesting is nearby-ish.

Today I wandered over to Roadside America and looked up places in
Georgia, Alabama and Florida. Wow! There are a LOT of cool places to
visit! (and a lot of just plain cheezy places).

I think it's time to try and put these three things together. I like
road trips, I like odd, interesting and out-of-the-way places. I like
non-chain food (and am a sucker for real onion rings - I know, bad for
me - but!!!!). Time to maybe look up a destination (Ave Maria Grotto
in Alabama off 278?), wander over to Roadfood to figure out a place to
dine, and tank up the Rambler. There might even be an actual map
involved in this plot - not the Garmin and not Mapquest.

So that will be my goal. Not just get the Rambler running reliably,
but actually go somewhere different, see a sight, chomp some
honest-to-goodness fried chicken or a greasy burger or whatever is
local and have a kitsch-fest.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a way to look up individually owned
and operated hotels to see which ones are clean and safe and have
their own charm? I'm sure there is, I just haven't checked into it
yet.