Re: [AMC-List] Being outbid on ebay

All-So... What I'm hearing is to 'stack' the maxi way up there. For example. If I want that same AMX overlay that Eddie wants, and I don't know what his max is, but I'm wanting only to pay, say, $25. So, I should put a max of, maybe, $10,000 on it. That would assure me of getting it for my price, unless Eddie wants it so badly that he's willing to pay $10,001? My $25 max will stay in place until someone goes higher than $10,000, which I won't ever have to pay, because no one would be dunb enough to pay $10,000 for it. Or why not $100,000 or a million? Seems like a vicious circle, and one that is bound to backfire on you. And it seems an effective way to stop every auction at one low price.-Mike

From: "Fox, Mark" <MarkFox@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: MIKE DIAN HATHAWAY <mhathdway@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Being outbid on ebay
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:50:06 -0400

One secret to successful bidding is to use a service like www.bidslammer.com. Enter the auction number and your maximum price and bidslammer will submit your bid with 3-5 seconds to go. This will stop people from manually overriding your bid. If you bid earlier than than, people who get caught up in the heat of the auction will continue to outbid you even if they never thought that they would go that high. Happens all the time. Using bidslammer will not help you with people who do the same thing with a higher bid. It simply takes the emotion of our the equation both from yur end and theirs.

Mark Fox
Solectron-South Carolina
1000 Technology Drive
West Columbia, SC 29170