   Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 17:49:50 -0000
   From: "starhawaii" <starhawaii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Welcome To The 21st Century, Part Two

Hi Theo,

Kind of an afterburner for the exhaust.  This goes back to at least
the 1950s.  I know when I was living back in Dearborn I checked out
the Michigan Motor Vehicle Code and such flame producing devices are
specifically prohibited.  The exuburances of my Father and fellow
hotrodders back in the day [he had a supercharged Nash Rambler and
used to
drag race it at Willow Run].

My Father had another trick device -- a port for injecting a squirt
of engine oil into the red hot exhaust manifold -- useful for
discouraging tailgaters.