Re: [AMC-List] Need Clarification Of An Old Myth

Re: [AMC-List] Need Clarification Of An Old Myth

Doc, it's not just a myth, it's true! I have one on my 68 Javelin SST. After looking for the correct trim and only finding junk for $100 or NOS for $400 I gave up. One of the guys in our club, Southern Nevada AMC, gave me the trim as a gift. It is about 1/4" short on either end, and doesn't have the exact profile of the original piece, however, the only way you would not know it is not "correct" is if you got about 6 inches away and knew what to look for. I'm very happy with the way it looks on my car. From your posts it's obvious you have a keen eye for details, so it may not pass your muster. I'm good with it though!

Andy Ray
Las Vegas NV
64 440H(3)
68 Javelin SST 343