[AMC-List] Need Clarification Of An Old Myth

[AMC-List] Need Clarification Of An Old Myth

I was sitting here this afternoon polishing out the slightly scratched
but un-dinged piece of stainless trim for my 74 Hornet Hatchback that
runs horizontal between the tail light's under the hatch. I remember
many times over the years that it was stated on a number of AMC lists
that you could bend it a little in the middle and use it on the hood of
a Javelin but it would be just a touch short and not of the right
configuration. Anyone ever do this? Without measuring the length and
just looking at it it seems to me it would be waaaay to short length
wise. anyone ever do this? Just curious.
"Doc"