Re: [AMC-List] Good Old List Guys

I agree! That jolt of AMC posts from the change over seems to have awakened a few people, though it ticked off quit a few as well. The list now has a healthy 611 members! That's about what was expected. It seems like AOL isn't blocking any more, they just knocked everyone off so they can resubscribe if they like. I haven't had any new AOL members recently, but there are two that signed back on and haven't been knocked back off.

There will be Hummers and AMG Deuces in Afghanistan, and the contractors may have some Cherokees/Grand Cherokees, and maybe even a Wrangler or two. Most likely Ford/Chevy/Dodge 4x4 trucks though. The main base maintenance is handled by a contractor, we (military) just take care of the airfield and very sensitive areas. Might be a long four months. Restricted to base for the most part, which is a good thing since people are still occasionally getting shot at off base. There were a couple rockets lobbed at the base about 2-3 months ago, but before that no attacks for 18 months. Chances are I won't even hear a thing except in the distance.

I'll have internet access though, getting my laptop ready now!