[AMC-List] wheel stud spins - front drum

[AMC-List] wheel stud spins - front drum

Thanks to Joe Fulton for good used front drums.

I measured one I'm replacing and there is a .035 or so off-center issue with
it which was causing the brakes to grab the drum as it went around.  I'm
betting that they were both turned incorrectly as the surface is nice and
smooth and round, and they both would grab.

So I want to swap my front hubs, to the "new" drums, so I drove out the
studs till the hub and drum separated.  Then I put the hub in the new drum
and drove the studs back in.  Two things:
First, my wheel studs have no knurls, and they have an "Am" logo on them,
and now that it's all back together two of them want to turn with the
lugnut.
Second, the drum does not want to stay with the hub anymore.

Will getting new knurled wheel studs solve both problems?
Do the knurls hold the drum in place?
How did the factory get away with unknurled studs?  is this a one-time use
thing?
Thanks,
Mike