[AMC-List] A Little More Detail Being Added Today

[AMC-List] A Little More Detail Being Added Today

I needed a rest from the grill so I restored 2 of the 3 Hornet emblems
for the car. instead of painting the edges of the chrome emblems black
like the factory I used the orange color of the car. Since it impossible
to mask the letters up to spray I did it by hand. I used to do hand pin
striping years ago and still build model car now and then. I surprised
myself as I still had a pretty steady hand after all these years. I am
going to install the 2 emblems today. They were extras and then do one
more. I also polished out the extra un-dinged stainless trim piece that
goes between the tail lights. It had minor scratches. The one on the car
is dinged, dented and scratched all to hell. I started with 1000#
sandpaper and then went to crocus cloth and then polished it with
Dupont's course orange compound, then with Dupont's white compound and
them with Mothers mag wheel polish and finally with Autosol metal
polish. It looks like new now. I also have the antenna adapter I made to
install. I have the one other  Hornet emblem to restore and install and
it is back to that !@#$%^& grill. I have till June 4th to finish it and
install it for the Ardsley show.
"Doc"