Re: [AMC-List] Anyone in NY have a 401 block for sale

Re: [AMC-List] Anyone in NY have a 401 block for sale

I don't know the ins and out of the engine blocks but wouldn't this be a
good use for a pair of sleeves? If not, I'd be interested in the why
(because I'm curious -- good thing I'm not a cat).

Matt

At 07:08 PM 4/25/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone around New Hartford NY have a bare 401 block
>for sale that could help a Joe Booth out?  His
>machinist sonic tested his block before they started
>any machining and found out cylinders 1-4 are already
>too thin at .030 over.  He has been trying to find a
>block but has had no luck.  A few guys have given him
>the run around so he is getting frustrated.  I know we
>have quite a few AMC guys in the NY area.
>
>Here is his contact info:
>
>Dear Nick
>If you happen to know of anyone that would like to
>sell a 401 block please let me know.  I'm located in
>New Hartford NY which is central NY, between Syracuse
>and Utica.  My phone number is 315 269-3361
>I'd appreciate anything you could do.
>Sincerely
>Joe Booth
>

>Thanks,
>
>Nick Alfano
>Alfano Performance
>Kenosha, WI. 53142
>262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends
>262-308-1302

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com