Re: [AMC-List] E85 and Old Cars

Bio-diesel and pure ethanol both have similar problems that dino fuels
don't have -- they both have problems at lower temperatures. Bio-diesel
starts gelling in the low 30's to upper 20's. You can cut it with ethanol
to help (you have to watch how much so you don't put holes in pistons) so
it's really not an option for the northern half (geographically) of the
country for a good chunk of the year. Vehicles using pure ethanol also have
starting problems in the same temperature range. The 15% gas in E85 is
apparently enough to start engines below those temperatures (I think that
was already brought up).

BTW, I'm not trying to poo-poo these fuels but there are trade offs with
everything.

Matt

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH