[AMC-List] More Details

I finally got ahold of the guy that tinted my windows for the dark smoke
tint for the American Motors letters for my windshield logo. I will
spell it out across the windshield and then with the light smoke tint he
used on the side windows I will have him tint the windshield 6 inches
from the top. The American Motors logo will be very subtly visible. I
finished up the last Hornet front fender emblem with the with the orange
edging like the body color instead of the factory black. The 2 that are
already on the car really look nice. The final one is baking in my
dehydrator. I still have the plastic stick on AMC emblem with the red
white and blue logo to restore. I tried to remove the faded red white
and blue logo from the emblem and it cracked. I was going to make a new
one anyway out of 60 thousands model plastic. The rest of the emblem is
soaking in Castrol Super Clean to remove any paint and the chrome vacuum
plating. The chrome will be replaced with chrome modeling foil the edges
painted orange and a new red white and blue insert glued in. The whole
thing will then be clear coated with a gloss engine paint. I used this
method to make the AMC emblems for my after market wheels last year from
scratch and they have held up fine. Next I have to zinc plate the new
rear hatch guide pin I made. The original one was made out of white
metal and was broken. I made mine out of steel. I am using Eastwoods
plating kit. Then it is back to the grill which  have to have back in
the car for the June 4'th Ardsley show. What a project this car has
turned into from a clean 500$ car that was going to be a daily driver to
a 15,000$ money pit in 2 1/2 years. But what modern new or used car
could I get for my 15,000$, a 4 door "Ricer"? Not me!!!!!
"Doc"