Re: [AMC-List] Them's the brakes?

Sounds like someine has put the worng master on it?
If you move the manual disc car to the lower hole you will find it hard to stop as the two holes are intended for the difference in leverage needed between power and manual brakes The upper hole gives you a better ratio for manual brakes. You could always try the lower hole, but be very careful as it may proove difficult to stop.
  Try buying a master for the car and checking to see if the rod is that same length.
When I changed my 79 Mustang manual disc master out in my American for a leak the one I got was boxed wrong and the pushrod was too short. I had to take it back and they pulled another from the shelf and it had the correct length rod with it.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net