From: "D. A. DAVIS" <ddavis@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 4:44 PM
Subject: Crankshaft Identification

I need your help to identify a crankshaft.  I'm building a 4.6L stroker
engine for my ZJ, and I'm confused about my crankshaft.  The crank engine
came out of a 1983 Jeep CJ7, and had a metal valve cover.  I thought it was
a early 258.  My crank had the casting number 3235477, which is identified
by the chart on your website as a 258 lightweight with 10 counter weights.
My crankshaft has 4 counter weights.  When I first saw that it had 4 counter
weights, I thought it was a 232 crankshaft.  The engine was not the original
one in the CJ7.  The person I got from told me that he had put the engine in
it.  This block used the large head bolts as well.  If you've got any ideas
about it, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.