Re: [AMC-List] D&D transmissions? T-5 questions

Re: [AMC-List] D&D transmissions? T-5 questions

" From: Mark Price <markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"   Back on the T-5, I have some GM overdrive gearsets, plus the one in the AMC is geared better then the Ford. I will have to see what the facts are, but I believe they can be exchanged as a set, even nwc to wc! The bearing support sounds nice, I'll look into it again. I would be more concerned if it was a V-8 car.

i think you're right about the 5th gears swapping, but effective ratio
changes depending on the input/cluster drive gears - and in the 2.95
tranny they mostly become -taller- - i've read somewhere of doing this
and getting a 0.57 5th out of it.