Re: [AMC-List] Best 258 Header for 79 AMX? 4.0 Year?

Re: [AMC-List] Best 258 Header for 79 AMX? 4.0 Year?

I run a modified 91-95 factory exhaust manifold.
It was cracked at the outlet, so I cut it off and ditched the donut and angle. I thne made up a long tapered section to join the front and rear tubes. This ends in a 2.5" diameter pipe runs down and just to the rear of the bellhousing. Then I welded on a collector flange.
  It ended up being a Tri-Y type short tube header with a long 2.5" collector area.
Horsepower? Torque?? I'm not sure. I am sure that it is a very compact design. Very easy to install and remove. It is tucked up tight to the floor in a way few aftermarket exhaust are. It would also be very easy for most anyone with a MIG and basic fabricating skills to duplicate.
  I took pics of it when it was done, but my computer died. I need ot go thru my discs and see if I can find a copy as I've seen this question come up time and tiem again.
  Our speculation on the 91-95 exhaust is 9-10 horsepower over the Renix typ manifold, possibly more. Certainly not less.
  Even in stock form the 91-95 Exhaust Manifold will fit the Spirit chassis.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net