Re: [AMC-List] Need help t/s ac problem on 83 Spirit

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, John Elle wrote:

> I am not sure that there is a low pressure safety switch to jump. I have
> never seen one on an AMC A/C unit.

I am all but certain my 73 hornet parts car had one, with a
York type compressor. Up in the hose near the receiver/dryer.
But you're right more often than me, maybe I hallucinated it.

But it's all moot if you can hear the compressor clutch >>CLICK<<
on and there's a big load on the engine... at worst, you could
unplug/plug the compressor clutch wire with the engine runnin
and A/C on and listen for it.

I only have data on AMC A/C up