Re: [AMC-List] Need help t/s ac problem on 83 Spirit

Re: [AMC-List] Need help t/s ac problem on 83 Spirit

Marty, Tom
SNIP
> I am not sure that there is a low pressure safety switch to jump. I
have
> never seen one on an AMC A/C unit.

I am all but certain my 73 hornet parts car had one, with a
York type compressor. Up in the hose near the receiver/dryer.
But you're right more often than me, maybe I hallucinated it.
SNIP
I stand corrected. I found an 83 wiring diagram and there is a low
pressure switch.
Also on my 1980 there is one too according to the wiring diagram, but
even with all of the work I have done on it, I never saw one. Go figure!
My 1974 documentation does not show one and I surely don't remember one
on my 1977 but then again maybe I never had to look for one.
Anyhow I can send the 1983 wiring diagram to some one if they want it.
John