Re: [AMC-List] Need help t/s ac problem on 83 Spirit

A: You need to bypass the low pressure switch, but it sounds like the valves may be closed or the hoses reversed.

From: Marty Bricker <mbrickerusn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] Need help t/s ac problem on 83 Spirit
To: northtexasamc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC List
<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Trying to get the ac working on my daughters 83 Spirit
that Firestone wrecked last year.  I finally located a
replacement evap and started putting things back
together.  The following have been replaced in the
system:
Condensor -new
Compressor-rebuilt
Charging valves-new
Evap and expansion valve-used
The system was running on several occasions last
summer but Firestone was never able to get it sealed
after they wrecked the evap lines and the charge would
only last a day or so.  After getting everything back
together I pulled vacuum on the system for approx 30
min and then let it sit for over an hour and the
vacuum held.  I then put in one can of HC-12
(environmently friendly, direct replacement for R-12
that requires only 40% of the R-12 charge, ie two
cans).   Hooked up the second can, started the car,
opened the second can and turned the ac on high...no
compressor cycling on.  Checked the system pressures
and low side was high and high side was low , but
there was pressure.
TSM did not have a t/s procedure for the compressor.
Looking for suggestions on how to figure out why the
compressor will not turn on.