Re: [AMC-List] ebay jav #1 amc dealer in america

Re: [AMC-List] ebay jav #1 amc dealer in america

Dave, get the Javelin if you must for the drivetrain. You should then part the car out rather than try to dirt track it. Leave the dirt track idea just in case no one wants the parts. The main reason I say this is not to save other Javelins, but because you'll beat the car up then need other parts (like fenders) yourself, and they are just to hard to come by. You might run the car a couple seasons if the locals aren't to rough before beating it to bad.

I think I replied about newer power steering on an older car. The Javelin setup will work just fine that way. Don't count on using the Javelin steering column though. It's a collapsible design, but much different than later models. It's of a fixed length, doesn't have an adjustable intermediate shaft between the column base and steering box. I found a few photos of my steering conversion, planning on using it for an article in a near future AMC -- the DEC 06 or MAR 07 issue.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"