Re: [AMC-List] Weird non-running issue on '82 Jeep CJ

Re: [AMC-List] Weird non-running issue on '82 Jeep CJ

Assume it is a BBD like other amc cars of the era, since 80 if they
have any dirt in the carb or vac leaks they will not run right. I hear
they get dirty easily and thats a major cause of the issue. though my
81 concord with the bbd is running good at the moment. I use shell gas
as it has the most detergents, highest percent over the government
standard of any fuel sold here in the east. I have a list of those
fuels with the most deteregents and will try to publish it soon.  I
really wonder what this new ethanol fuel 10% mix is doing to our older
cars fule tanks, lines and hoses. Any way, maybe it is a candidate for
the Nutter bypas, or how about that stepper motor in the back of the
carburetor that is acting up, stuck or not connected properly? I think
that when the ignition is turned on and you look down the carb you
shoudl be able to see the motor move the needle in, out and then in
again. just a thought.
regards.