Re: [AMC-List] Eagle front hub-Possible interchange?

Re: [AMC-List] Eagle front hub-Possible interchange?

Thanks for the reply, Jim. I have seen some posts, probably yours, about the
longer Cad axles for lifted Eagles. That may be one hub to check out
sometime. The knuckles are sort of irrelevant, as the hubs all have a
similar 3-bolt pattern. I had hoped the Jeep hub would have the same
external dimensions due to the AMC heritage. They certainly look the same.
Certainly, the Cad connection with similar spline, and now you indicate the
S10, seem possibilities, except for bolt patterns. It seems too odd that AMC
would use more than one kind of hub on 2 of their own 4WD vehicles. It would
likely have upped their unit cost. For now, though, I will rebuild my
original hubs, if I haven't ruined one, and eventually replace the bummer
one on the Jeep, then I will have the two kinds in hand to compare.

It's probably going to be 'redneck engineering' for a lot of AMC parts until
the rust dies down at the crusher.

Well, if there is no other input, I will consider the topic closed for now.
I will post if I find they interchange.

Glenn Ford in Warburg Alberta.

'85 and '87 Wagoneer Limiteds (XJ), 2-'87 Eaglewagons ( 1-auto, 1-Limited
T-5)