Re: [AMC-List] Hardened valve seats no longer available?

Re: [AMC-List] Hardened valve seats no longer available?

As everyone has let you know, unless you already have damage or recessed valves, don't worry about it. That head is HARD, it will wear for a long time.
 In the early days of installing valve seats, likely not relavent now but maybe, I've seen more damage done by putting seats in a good head! If not done right they can actually drop or work loose.
  If you can't find seats, and the head really is worn, I'd try to find a slightly oversized valve. I'm not sure what can be found as I haven't looked into it. On the flip side, someone will be able to make or provide seats. There are way too many old engines out there for something not to be workable in the 196.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net