Re: [AMC-List] Fuel Injecting the big dogs

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Mark Price wrote:

> Just ask Dino over on the Strokers site how well his XJ Jeep runs! It's a mid nineties Export model. Which means no O2 sensor or mass air flow, It's always in "open loop". There were quite a few "open loop" cars out there that run fine. The first TPI kits ran "open loop" too.
> Closed loop is better, especially for emissions, but "open loop" system can be tuned to work amazingly well. Call it "old school" EFI.

That's really good news -- I'd never heard of anyone running
open-loop *FI successfully. Even carbs are not exactly "open
loop"; fuel flow is proportional to airflow plus and minus. But I
guess if you get the right initial settings dialed in it should
work pretty well.