Re: [AMC-List] Fuel Injecting the big dogs

Re: [AMC-List] Fuel Injecting the big dogs

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
"
" The page for that new-fangled thing does say it likes a
" wide-range O2 sensor. Even the Holley Projection or whatever it's
" called stuff says it works better with feedback from the motor
" (O2, etc). Most of the bad rep from the Holley etc I notice
" are from NOT using feedback -- hence it's totally dependent
" on finely tuned maps, which would have to change with tempo,
" altitude, air density durin rain, etc making them a total pain
" for daily drivers.

which is why open-loop efi systems had all sorts of sensors - for
everything -but- humidity afaik - in order to predict the right amount
of fuel for the air.

the all-mechanical bosch k-jetronic [odd name] throttled fuel flow
with an ingeneous paddle in the airstream that reacted to air mass
flow.