Re: [AMC-List] Fuel Injecting the big Dogs

Re: [AMC-List] Fuel Injecting the big Dogs

Now that MegaSquirt has been brought up I've gotta chime in.

The controllers we use at our shop are all MegaSquirt. My AMX is getting
one with a custom manifold, my 64 Tempest uses 2 of them, one to run the
vortec 4.3 and the other to run the 4L60E. We offer stand alone setups
installed and tuned and when we are doing something really odd we call
the guy who wrote the coil pack code, he is one of our good friends. He
splits his time between Michigan and Florida so we line the really off
the wall stuff up with times he's here. Our turbo probe runs no stock
computer or wiring and has been putting 350 horsepower to the ground
with a MegaSquirt for a few years (previously we used an FMU and the M/S
is making much more power and runs better). MegaSquirt can now use wide
bands for those who want them, has an autotune feature, can run coil
packs (I'm cutting my old amc disty in half to only run the oil pump),
can control water injection or any 12 volt system in a variety of
trigger schemes. EI: at 5 pounds boost start water injection, at this
percentage of throttle position do this or that, etc. They are batch
fire which some people don't prefer but we've had zero problems with
them once they are set up properly. We do sell completed units (through
PRD) and have bought stuff from Glensgarage previously and have never
been disappointed with his stuff either.

~John