Ignition timing

Vacuum Leaks

Ignition;
Spark Plugs
Secondary Wiring
Distributor
Coil

Implied- a miss fire

In addition, what else is wrong. Vacuum system hooked up correctly?
Smog pump or pulse air system complete and working correctly?
Catalytic Converter in good shape, installed and functioning.

Nutter By Pass is not an EPA approved modification!

My files currently show 6 different smog configurations that you could
have, which one do you have and is it hooked up correctly with all parts
functioning?

What state are you in that you have to concern yourself with passing
smog and what test is it that they are running. And how is it being run?
All states are not the same.

Is the car tuned correctly.

If the answer is no to any of the above and with additional information
not included in this post maybe I can help.

John.

Snip
control computer on my 83 SX/4 has failed
so I performed a 'Nutter' bypass so it would start.  I
recently failed the HC emisson test.  Any suggestions
on how to lower my HC emissions.  Thanks.
Snip