Re: [AMC-List] AMC six ignition timing -- got it!

Re: [AMC-List] AMC six ignition timing -- got it!

I never really tried to figure out exactly what was up with the noises cause. The guy that gave me the shortblock said the noises usually occured when the Jeeps were HOT, up around the range the cooling fans cycled on and off. I figured with the larger grille area in the American, I'd try a 180* t-stat and see what the reult was as I could see the bores and they were spotless, with no scuffs of scratches evident. I knew th eowrst I would do is have a piston or other engine rattle.
  The engine in the American is not as noisy as the one in my wifes 97 and it is supposed to be the "new" engine!

--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net