Re: [AMC-List] Blue light special HELP

Well, That's OK.
The reason I asked is I know just enough about leds and their light pattern to be dangerous!
The gauge cluster in the American is being replaced with a Billet aluminum panel and a full set of Autometer Sport Comp gauges. 3 1/4 electronic speedo and tach, 2 1/8" Water/oil/fuel/volt.
  The sport comp gauges only have a provision for one top mounted 194 lamp in a socket. My fear is I'll end up with gauges too dim to see. Unless I can get leds with the right pattern.
  I tried the blue colored 195 lamps in the stock dash and I can barely make out the gauges! The blue tint is just too dark. I guess I'll try some of the sites mentioned and take some measurements to see if the multi led 194 replacements will fit thru the holes in the gauges.
   If the gauges would allow I could drill holes to add leds around the perimeter. I hate to start drilling on new gauges! I don't want to take the dash in and out a dozen time either.
   I wonder if the 91 Jeep ecu cares about the resistance on any of the assorted lamps it triggers?
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net